Monday, March 21, 2011

Buenos Aires

No books can prepare you enough for foreign land. I guess that's part of the excitement of self-guilded travel. I thought I was well prepared when I handed in my USD$140 of entry fee in BA airport the day we arrived, but the clerk pushed my notes back and said "MARK!". It means my notes has some marks on it, and it's not acceptable.
Put aside Fung Shui , our hotel has the best view of the famous Recoleta cemetery, which has not only rest the graves of some of the most important Argentines, but also home of a lot of street cats.
I am in awe of this flower. It claims it rotates and always face the sun, close at night and open in the morning....... until it has some mechanical problems. I think modern solar farm should have more flower like this.
I might not be the first to say Argentine women is among the most beautiful. They are all elegant, have great legs, great taste and not shy of what they got. BTW, you can do a lot of people watching on the hour long train/ subway ride, which only cost a quarter or two.
Somehow, among the whole street full of choices, we decided to pick this one, which is not cater to tourist. Unlike the others, they don't try to talk you in, neither do they speak English. We went back again after the cruise, they don't even fire up the wood grill on Monday and Tuesday. We're the only table till 9pm.

Talking about no book can tell you what's it really like until you're tasting it, being there, doing it yourself. I found this book when I search for "Wood Firing", in the mind of a potter. It does give you the interesting background of the culture, the link of their land and culinary. Glorious photos of mostly outdoor grilling in setting like Patagonia Mountains. I couldn't taste it then, but it put great expectation in my mind.

1 comment:

  1. I see that you have visited the main attractions. The recoleta cemetary is a legendary one, everybody must go there. There is a lot of history and chiefly information about Evita Peron (former wife of ex president of the country who is very well-known).
    I stayed in a hotel in downtown of buenos aires when I travelled there and I used to walk around Recoleta almost every day.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete