Monday, April 23, 2012

Sol Duc or Sole Duck

I hope I had a lens wide enough to show the whole length of Dungeness spit. I also hope I had a lens long enough to shoot the sea otter who swam along. However, I'm glad that I didn't have either with me that morning. From now on, that spit is the longest, and that otter is the cutest, in my mind. 

Went up Sol Duc hot springs road, and seeing Sol Duc river in it's winter from.

 Sol Duc or Sole Duck, it means sparkling water. It is so true.

The hot spring has only been open for a week. They only do 6 months of business in a year. I guess it's the kind of place you cannot get in or out, once there is thick snow on the mountain. Remind me of "尋羊的冒險".

They have different pools' temperature 100F to 108F.

Further up is Sol Duc Falls. I don't recall seeing big water falls with snow background before.  Strangely beautiful and dangerous. The cross bridge with 2 feet of snow make the railing knee high. If anyone slip, no one will hear the scream over the falls.

 Lucky or Not? Extremely lucky to be able to hike up without snowshoe, and without sinking, as long as we stay in the middle of the hard packed trail.

 Lucky to see the lime green with white background.

Next morning, lucky to get out before getting So Stuck. In fact, it wouldn't be a bad place to get stuck in, with no internet, no cell, no TV. As long as the hot spring got enough food for everyone, your mind will be sparkling clear, body sparkling clean after a couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos of the lime green and silky water. Did you take a tripod with you while hiking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got a pack mule, who also drive. But, got to feed him more than grass.

      Delete