Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Summer art camp



I'm teaching a teens clay class this week. Using some material I've never use before; kitchen oven bake clay and polymer clay. Strickly speaking polymer is not clay, it's PVC. Since we need to have their work dry , fire and ready to be colored in a day or two, so they can take their works home at the end of the week, we seems to choose the ideal material. For friends who are new to clay, traditional pottery class normal take months, once a week, so there's a lot of time to let works dry to trim and fire and glaze and fire again....... At the beginning, I was kind of looking down on the polymer clay, feeling like it's only for kids, because of it's bright color. I end up enjoy it a lot with the kids. Believe it or not, it's some maths involved which I enjoy teaching too. And you wouldn't believe how bad is the maths standard in the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment