Thursday, October 29, 2009

New toy from Shenzhen

It arrived a week after order, as Apple promised. Even it spent more time in transit from Shenzhen to Lantau Island and sat there, than from Lantau to Florida. Right, who said being able to track your shipment can reduce anxiety! I love the idea of engraving. Think how romantic it is; something cannot be wiped off without cutting away part of itself, like some memories.
I've to do some advertising for this 5th generation iPod, especially compared to my old hand down 2nd G U2 2005 edition. New Nano is 1/4 the size/ weight and last 4 times longer. It hurts my mind to think about how to cram a video camera, Fm radio, speaker, recorder and a bigger screen in such a small body. When I was young, such gadget only exist in Ngai Hong's sic fi. It's very hard to believe a company can do it so right, so fast, so good, still with a reasonable price tag. You name one!?!
OK! Downside. Every time you upgrade, you will find it no longer compatible with some of the old accessories. New Nano will sing with old dock but it won't charge! That's all right, I will keep my old Pod in my study with the old dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment