Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My first carbon

After a month of weekend's 40 miles ride around the lake on the aluminum mountain bike, I happened to try out his Trek 5200. It was light and fast, but 3 size too big. So, we set out to find myself a carbon road bike which will fit me. After hours on the net and a few phone calls to the local bike shops, we found her on the other side of the state. A 4 years old, 5000 miles, Trek Pilot 5.9, total weigh 17 lbs. It even came with a flight deck computer to tell you all the numbers you might not need to know, plus what gear you're in. How neat! I hope with some practice, someday my skill level will match the level of the bike.

3 comments:

  1. May,

    The new bike fits you well, and should certainly allow you to increase your distance and make the miles necessary to ride across North Carolina. I had a GREAT ride with Bill this morning!

    Tractor Tom in Okeechobee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys luck out with the rain. Bill surely enjoy riding on SR 78 for a change.

    ReplyDelete